Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Why today was special!

No pictures today. I want to share a moment of my day with you. I am grateful to have moments like this nearly everyday. A woman ordered an egg salad sandwich from Doug , who was working out front at the time. I was in the back and made the egg salad sandwich for her. I brought it out and I had put a couple of slices of watermelon on the plate with her sandwich. She looked at the watermelon and thanked me so much for it . I think I heard a yummy! As she was eating I asked her how everything was. She said it was sooo good. She had decided to treat herself today, something she doesn't do very often, she told me. I said good for you , I'm sure you deserve a treat. You probably have put everyone else ahead of yourself your whole life. Oh she said, I hope I didn't give you that impression, looking embarrassed at the thought. She continued to tell me how fortunate she had been her entire life and how good her family is , especially her son. He had had an organ transplant and she had felt blessed that he was doing well and giving back. I told her that was also a reflection on her , how she had raised her son. Again she was embarrassed at that thought. When she was ready to leave, she looked for me. I came back out front to say good bye and thank her for coming in. She leaned into me and asked if she could give me a kiss. I said of course. She reached up and cupped my face in her hands and gave me such a sincere kiss on my cheek. It felt so nice and heart warming . I hugged her goodbye. What a nice day I had!

No comments:

Post a Comment