Tuesday, June 1, 2010

South Windsor, Do You Remember?

This post is looking back. This past Saturday we had a book signing at the bakery. In preparing for it I decided to put together some pictures from the past. South Windsor is where I grew up. There are some buildings that were part of that childhood that no longer stand. I am sharing a few photos that bring on sadness when I look at them because I wonder why they had to go. Progress I guess and also a reminder that things change. People change, places change but oh those feelings of days gone by, they are still there. We all have them , some good , some not so good. They helped make us who we are.



These two pictures are of Grand Marais and Dominion facing Grand Marais, south west corner. The one with the barbers out front was taken approximately in 1962. The other one was taken much earlier , in the 50's.


This is St. Mary's Acadamy. It was an all girl's boarding and day school. It was imploded in the early 70's.




This is Christ The King Church. It was at the North East corner of Grand Marais and Dominion.



No comments:

Post a Comment