Sunday, June 6, 2010

Another week at the Bakery!

Linda working hard at keeping the glass clean!
Pies , squares and tarts!




Doug has been growing pineapple plants at the bakery for years. This is an actual pineapple growing out of the top. It is the second pineapple he has grown. The first one didn't get this big. I think we should have a party to celebrate the pineapple if this one gets big enough to eat!



Another big cake this week. Enough for 150 people! This is a huge cake to decorate. The customer has an idea how they want it decorated but for the most part I have to decide how I'm going to put everything together. I only really get one chance to do the writing , especially when it's black. It takes me a long time to get the cake smooth, if I had to scrape off black , if I made a mistake , it would be like starting over. So a customer comes in about an hour before we are to deliver the cake , he's checking it out and says why did I spell congratulations like that! My heart sank. Oh my did I spell it wrong? Nah....he was just kidding! Thanks Ed!




I made a gluten free lemon meringue pie. It was so nice not to have to deglutenate something before I had a piece. It was yummy!




We have this penny game at the bakery. If you get it in you win cookies. By the looks of it these kids won cookies!





I guess they did!







No comments:

Post a Comment