Sunday, February 7, 2010

Barbs Blog


This blog is a little different than other blogs. There are different contributors to this blog. Linda set it up, she is Doug's right hand in the kitchen, Doug wrote the post previous to this and I'm Barb. My husband Doug and I own Nana's Bakery, though I do feel every customer owns the bakery.

It's like a family here and customers actually help out when it's busy.

Doug recently had surgery for cancer. If it weren't for you, amazing customers, family and friends, I wouldn't have made it through. You really showed me God's power of love and strength. Besides holding an amazing Wellness Benefit, you helped us by doing dishes and waiting on other customers. I will never forget your kind words of love and support.

I have learned many things over the last 13 years at Nana's.

# 1. I can work by my husband's side (not to close) and still love him.

# 2. A customer showed me how to make Tea properly - you have to boil the water!

# 3 I can work 60 hours a week. At first I put 80 hours, I don't know it I could do that anymore!

# 4 My son presents pickles on a plate like a work of art.

# 5 My children don't want to own a bakery and that's ok.

# 6 We are never going to own a clock that works at the bakery.

# 7 We are never going to be millionaires, and that's ok.

# 8 We have three hardworking, noble, respectfull children, and I love them.

# 9 The older I get the greyer things have become. When I was twenty everything was black and white, right or wrong. Now things are grey.

# 10 Everybody has something - none of us get out of here without some kind of disappointment, heartbreak or hurt. We all want the same thing out of life. Love, happiness, usefullness, family, friendship... Enjoy moments as they come. I hope every neighborhood has a

"Nana's Bakery". It makes everything else a little easier to take. You are all special, thanks for being a part of my world!

No comments:

Post a Comment